The world’s aviation industry is benefiting from the operation of a first class Global Aerospace Center for Icing and Environmental Research (GLACIER) in Thompson, Manitoba. MDS AeroTest is managing, operating and maintaining the GLACIER facility, providing employment opportunities for a variety of skill sets, including several disciplines in high-tech aviation.
MDS AeroTest has a requirement for Maintenance/Security Personnel to assist in the day to day operations of Glacier’s test facility in Thompson, Manitoba. The ideal candidate would be an individual with 5+ years of experience in related fields who would become part of a team to perform grounds and building maintenance, facility systems preventative maintenance and as well, ensure the complete security of this world-class, outdoor aero-engine test site.
– Maintain complete site security in accordance with company procedures.
– Ensure the facility and grounds are kept clean and tidy.
– Perform manual labour such as shovelling snow, grass cutting, moving components, etc.
– Operate CAT 966 wheel loader, or equivalent.
– Carry out preventive maintenance of building systems and engine test systems such as fuel, compressed air, hydraulic and water systems in accordance with the Facility Maintenance Schedule, Safe Working Procedures and Product Support Documentation (Docstation).
– To carry out any other reasonable duties within the capability of the job holder, as requested by the immediate supervision.
– Willingness to work a rotational shift schedule.
– Valid driver’s license.
– Operation of fork lifts, scissor lifts and boom arms, and CAT 966 wheel loader, or similar.
– Service vehicle engine servicing and minor maintenance.
– Operation of hand tools, power tools and torque wrenches.
– Manitoba security training certification.
– Valid first aid certifications including CPR and AED (automated external defibrillator).
– Experience working to defined processes and procedures in an ISO9001 or AS9100 work environment.
– Experience with operation of large, portable air compressors.
– Capable of reading electrical/instrumentation drawings.
– Capable of interpreting piping system schematics.
– Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
Qualified candidates who meet or exceed our requirements are invited to submit their resume in confidence to email@example.com
No telephone calls please – we are not able to respond to telephone inquiries.