The world’s aviation industry is benefiting from the operation of a world class Global Aerospace Center for Icing and Environmental Research (GLACIER) in Thompson, Manitoba. MDS AeroTest is managing, operating and maintaining the GLACIER facility, providing employment opportunities for a variety of skill sets, including several disciplines in aviation and aerospace.
MDS AeroTest has a requirement for an Engine Test Operator, at our Glacier’s test facility in Thompson, Manitoba.
As an engine test operator, you will be part of a team that conducts testing of aircraft engines to provide the data required to evaluate engine icing characteristics and other aspects of engine performance as part of the development and certification process for new aircraft engines. Your primary focus will include preparation of the engine and facility for engine testing, transportation of the engine between the preparation and test sites, installation of the engine for testing and operation of the engine during the test program. You will also support facility activities including fault finding, repairing and maintaining the complex mechanical systems required to perform engine testing.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Working within MDS AeroTest’s certified quality, environmental and health and safety management systems to deliver engine test data in a safe and environmentally responsible manner.
- Working as a member of a specialized team to operate the facility and the engine under test in accordance with the test instructions.
- Supporting engine rigging and on-site transportation activities.
- Preparing the facility for engine testing including daily inlet inspections, icing tunnel preparation, executing pre-start checks and verifying the operation of mechanical support systems.
- Working with specialized mechanical and instrumentation systems to configure the facility for testing. This can include water spray systems, air compressors, hydraulic loading systems, fuel systems and others as required for the test.
- Performing and supporting troubleshooting, preventative and corrective maintenance of mechanical systems.
- Working outdoors and using aerial work platforms in all weather conditions.
- Working on a flexible schedule to execute tests when the weather is right.
What Do You Need to Succeed?
- Hold trade or equivalent military qualification and have 5-10 years experience as one of:
- Red Seal Industrial Mechanic (Millwright).
- Aircraft Maintenance Journeyperson.
- Be focused on performing all tasks in accordance with company health and safety requirements.
- Be able to interpret technical drawings and follow written technical instructions.
- Be a confident and effective communicator.
- Act as a role model to influence others to achieve results, bring about and sustain improvements and change.
- Be committed to learning new skills and growing in the role.
- Have experience operating and maintaining industrial equipment for material handling (e.g. cranes, hoists and rigging), fluid power systems and compressed air systems.
What’s in It for You?
MDS AeroTest is committed our corporate values of: Communication, Passion, Accountability, Teamwork, Care and Respect which makes our company a great place to work.
There are many reasons to consider working with the MDS AeroTest team:
- Canada’s Best Managed companies (Platinum member)
- Contributing to the certification and development activities for civil aircraft engines.
- Opportunities for learning and development.
- Positive work environment.
- Competitive wages.
- Medical Benefits.
- Fitness Club Membership.
- Employer matched RRSP contributions.
- Company events such as: Holiday Party, Team Building Activities and Town Hall Meetings.
Candidates who consider themselves a team player are invited to submit their resume in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org
MDS is an equal opportunity employer. MDS does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, color, mental or physical disability, religion, sex or national origin or ethnic origin.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates who meet or exceed our requirements, are legally eligible to work in the Canada and do not require sponsorship will be contacted.
Telephone calls not accepted from candidates or agencies.